My neighbor's stuff or vegetation is crossing our shared property line. What can I do?

This is a civil matter. If you are unable to reach an agreement with your neighbor, you may wish to contact the Alaska State Troopers, City Police, or a private land-use attorney. For contact information, go to the emergency contacts section.

Property Corners

If you are not sure where your property corners are, Community Planning’s Platting Office is available to assist with finding any existing plats/subdivisions that show where property corners were placed historically. You may then be able to use a metal detector to find your corner marker. But, if that doesn’t work, you will need to hire a professional surveyor to physically locate existing. or place new, markers in the ground.

Show All Answers

1. How can I view a code enforcement case file?
2. How do I file a complaint?
3. How does the FNSB handle reported code violations?
4. If I think that a property owner is violating FNSB code, what should I do?
5. My neighbor keeps trespassing onto my property. What can I do?
6. My neighbor's stuff or vegetation is crossing our shared property line. What can I do?
7. How do I call for an immediate fire or life/safety emergency?
8. My neighbor's pickup is parked on the road. Is that encroachment?
9. What can I do about an abandoned vehicle at the end of my cul-de-sac?
10. What can I do about someone who has blocked off or is parking vehicles in a road right-of-way, trail easement, or private easement?
11. What qualifies as a junkyard?
12. When is a junkyard required to have an approved drainage plan?
13. Where are junkyards permitted? Do they have to be screened?
14. My neighbor has 10 dogs on 1 lot. Is that considered a kennel?
15. Where can I open a new dog (or cat) kennel?
16. Can I raise chickens, ducks, geese, bees, goats, etc. on my property?
17. Do I need a building permit before starting construction?
18. When is a zoning permit required?